January 2, 2011

Our Own Brand of Crazy

     I shook my family tree and a bunch of nuts fell out.  In reality, it is a NUT tree.  We have everything from a certifiable schizophrenic, to loony, to just plain mad.  I still wonder why my husband agreed to join my family.  I certainly got the better end of the deal.  Even my Mother loves him more than her solitary offspring.  To be fair to my relations though, his family is 'interesting' in it's own way, but mostly just 'zany' and 'wild and crazy', not really nuts.  Most days, I just smile and remind him that we are STUCK together. 
     With so many interesting kinsmen, and five special offspring of our own, we spend much of each day in raucous laughter.  We might even have overly developed senses of humor, but this gets us through the boredom and monotony that often comes with everyday life.  Our laughter also helps us connect with each other.  We play practical jokes and tell silly stories and pretend to be odd characters, all just to get laughs.  So, when I asked my husband what I should title a blog about the odd happenings and thoughts that make up my life, he answered without a pause...Our Own Brand of Crazy.  He has a theory, which I have bought into, that there really is no such thing as normal, just a spectrum of crazy, and we all fall somewhere on the line that feels comfortable for us.  Unfortunately, there are already a few blogs with that name, so I choose the next best thing I could think of that followed the same idea.  So, as you read these musings, just remember that you might finish a post and wonder, "Which way to normal?"

No comments:

Post a Comment